Job Description: The Distribution and Impact Manager will be responsible for coordinating the distribution and marketing for Black Market Releasing, CaribbeanTales Media Group’s Canadian theatrical distribution brand that is focused…
The Distribution and Impact Manager will be responsible for coordinating the distribution and marketing for Black Market Releasing, CaribbeanTales Media Group’s Canadian theatrical distribution brand that is focused on raising the visibility of independent films made by Black, Indigenous and POC creators.
CEO, CaribbeanTales Media Group;
Director, Events , CaribbeanTales Media Group
1) Shape and deliver effective impact strategies and events in alignment with CTMG and Black Market’s overarching goal of reaching wider audiences
2)Research, and compile a database of potential theatrical outlets, partners, and markets/ buyers and follow up with them to build relationships and solicit sales
3) Build income generating or cost-reducing relationships and partnerships with all festivals, markets, and organisations that represent a point of contact with our potential core audiences and buyers
4) Maintain an online calendar of said partners festivals, markets and associated events and organisations that may support or partner with CTMG
5) The Distribution and Impact Manager will liaise with relevant personnel in order to achieve the above.
6) Anything else as deemed necessary and appropriate by CEO and Contractor, to aid achievement of the above goals with the overall goal of generating income and sustainability for the Company
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
1) English (required) and other language skills (bonus)
2) 2+ years experience in film distribution and/or impact producing
3) knowledge of various film markets and festivals preferred
4)Understanding of sales, digital marketing, budgeting and finance as it relates to Canadian film.
5) Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google software
6)Great communication and community building skills
7)Innovative ideas that support marketing and distribution objectives are welcome
8) Must be reliable, self-motivated and well organised
9)Must work well independently and with our team.
Salary: CAD 45,000 depending on experience
If interested, send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.