General Overview: The Development Manager will coordinate a slate of projects; as well as fielding submissions, assessing scripts/writing samples and generating IP to pitch to buyers who are in line with the ongoing needs and overall brand of the company. The incumbent will work with writers to develop scripts, as well as managing creative workflow/deadlines…
The Development Manager will coordinate a slate of projects; as well as fielding submissions,
assessing scripts/writing samples and generating IP to pitch to buyers who are in line with the
ongoing needs and overall brand of the company.
The incumbent will work with writers to develop scripts, as well as managing creative
workflow/deadlines — to ensure a steady stream of content for our production pipeline.
Developing and maintaining relationships with writers, producers, directors, agents etc., is
essential. The incumbent must be able to coordinate, and write relevant funding proposals and
coordinate budgets and final funding reports.
– Attend daily managers’ meetings, when deemed necessary by the CEO
– Attend project meetings, maintain clear records of meetings, distribute them with
appropriate action points, and follow up details
– Help collect executed contracts
– Track personal tasks and critical path deliverables on Asana, or Google Docs
– Schedule meetings, as necessary
– Support the mentorship and training programs.
– Organize marketing and promotion assets, and share them with promotional partners,
and other relevant parties
– Collect project information to be shared on social media and press releases.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
– Candidates with 5+ years of related film development experience are preferred
– Proficiency in MS Office and Google software (Drive, Sheets, Documents), and
knowledge of design/editing software such as Canva, Photoshop, or Final Cut Pro
– Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize activities and
multiple tasks within deadlines, and act with minimal supervision
– Excellent verbal and written/story editing skills
– Must be reliable, self-motivated, engaging, creative and personable
– The ability to professionally represent CaribbeanTales Media Group at events/meetings.
Full or Part-time
Salary (based on experience and location): $40,000 CAD – $55,000 CAD
If interested, send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.